CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

February...March...and on to April!

Where oh where have the past few months gone? Time has zoomed by and they say spring is just around the corner- although it has been more snow/rain than sunshine lately...


February: The hi-light of February was adding a member to our little family- Jack the puppy came to us for Valentines day! Aaron surprised me with an e-mail and picture a few days before Valentines day to let me know that he had picked out a puppy he liked and we were driving to Homedale on Friday to meet him! Jack is a mini-doxie and the moment I saw him I was in love with him! He was about 8 1/2 weeks old and teeny tiny! Now he has grown a little and come out of his shell so he is running circles around and on top of his kitty sister Cleo! He loves to ride in the car- especially when it's just him and the seat warmer is on! He was also quick to find all the heater vents in the house and can frequently be found occupying one. He is a mommas boy for sure and loves to play "hide and seek" looking for me! (Its pretty funny to see his little wiggly boddy jump around when he finds me!)



March: There were a few days of sunshine in March which gave us a bad case of spring fever! We started our spring cleaning and re-arranging of the house and scouring Craigslist for yardsale ads! Yardsales are still slow to start and haven't been very helpful yet, so in our quest for good yard sales we decided to venture to one of our favorite green houses in Boise's North End- I wasn't sure how much they would have but we found rows and rows of plants and flowers and veggies! Oh I was so excited to see all the green plants! We couldn't help but buy a few, even though it was still cold and icky outside, we have been keeping them in the house until it warms up a bit and a few were okay to be planted now. So far we have added a honeysuckle, day lillies, pansies, and a forsythia bush. The warmth of a few days in March also prompted us to get our bikes out and ready for riding! We enjoyed our first bike ride on the greenbelt and can't wait for warmer weather to enjoy more of the greenbelt!

The end of March was an adventure for us to say the least! March 31 to April 3 we were "temporary" parents to two cute kiddos while their mommy and daddy went with my mom to Texas to participate in Justin's graduation from basic training with the Idaho Air National Guard at Lackland AFB. We stayed in Eagle at their house and enjoyed the life of a family of 4- we went to the park, watched Scooby Doo and other kiddo movies (pretty sure I can sing the whole Scooby Doo song and name every character in any Pixar film!) Since the weather was cold and windy for most of the time we also learned to appreciate any fast food restaurant that also had a play area to help get out all of our wiggles! I had to work on Thursday so Aaron was with the kids most all day- I got a great picture from him on my phone about mid-day showing the kids in a fort watching movies. I was so jealous! Needless to say we were all in bed by 8:30 pm and slept soundly... We were excited to hear that Justin and his flight (group-similar to a boy scout patrol?) graduated with honors! We are so proud of him and were so happy to welcome him home Monday! I had to work so Aaron went to meet Justin and Mom at the airport and they came to see me at work on my lunch! He is all grown up! I can't wait to see mom's pictures and listen to Justin's stories!

The icky weather has also brought about my crafty side! I have wanted one of the super chic beaded watches for a while and finally just decided to make my own! It has been so much fun to make the watch bands to match different scrub tops, my patients love to see which one I am wearing!


I also decided I needed a way to hold my earrings instead of a ziplock bag and a glass bowl on my counter- so I went to the dollar store and found some wood frames- a few drilled holes, some thin wire, and a coat of green paint I now have some rather cute earring frames! Two have wires strung for hoops and "dangles" and another with plastic window mesh for studs/posts! It is so fun to look at the wall and see all my options and pick out something fun to wear!
April is here now and we will be busy as usual. I am enjoying my job working for Dr. Rasmus and Beverlee our Np- every day I meet new people and have already learned so much! I love to see my patient everyday, even on days that are crazy and busy and I am at the office for 10+ hours I still love to go back the next day and do it all over again! I am so blessed to have a job and to have one I love!
The past few months have been quite the adventure for us and we have surly experienced many opportunities to grow and learn. Every day I am grateful to have my wonderful husband at my side and the family and friends who support us! There are still trials and testings ahead of us and we will be excited to one day look back and see all the things we learned!

0 comments: